Please review the Entry Rules, Terms and Conditions for The Great Local Photography Contest before submitting your entry.
- Only photographers residing in the Coastal Bend may submit their work for nomination and have their shots taken in the region.
- Photographers may submit work in a maximum of three (3) categories and must limit the number of entries to one (1) photo per category.
- Entries must include a high-resolution image, the photographer’s name and contact information, a short description including the contents or meaning of the image, when the image was taken and what equipment was used, etc.
- The Bend reserves the right to remove entries that do not conform to stated Entry Rules, Terms and Conditions and/or if deemed offensive or harmful to others.
- A panel of judges formed by The Bend will select the winning entrants of each category. Winning entrants will be published in the contest’s corresponding editorial feature (February 2024 issue) in a print and digital context.
- Photographer identities will not be shared with the panel of judges. Panel judges are not allowed to submit work of their own to the contest.
- The Bend’s editorial team will select up to 10 additional images to feature in a “Reader’s Choice” poll hosted on its Instagram profile and feature the winning photograph in the contest’s corresponding editorial feature (February 2024 issue) in a print and digital context.
- The photographer must be the copyright holder. All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. The photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Copyright holders retain the copyright of their work. For selected entries and any possible honorable mentions, copyright holders grant The Bend non-exclusive use of high-resolution photographs for activities in all media, including print, social media and any other digital content so long as it’s in relation to the current photography contest and for use in promotion of future photography contests, without any remuneration being due.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the entries does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to The Bend specified above. The copyright holders will hold The Bend harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
- The conditions set out in the Entry Rules, Terms & Conditions are binding, and The Bend reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry or winning selection at its own discretion.
Thanks! Now you can submit your entry.