If we’re actively seeking new personnel, we will post the available positions here. But even if we don’t have any listings posted, we know the Coastal Bend has a wealth of talented people – you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about submitting a resumé. If you are interested in interning with the magazine, check out our Internships page for availability.
The Bend is seeking a motivated, experienced account representative to grow key accounts and add new business across print, digital and event sponsorship channels. To apply please send a resume to email@example.com.
The Bend is the premiere lifestyle magazine of the Coastal Bend. For almost 10 years, it has told our region’s stories, revealing the best the Coastal Bend has to offer and fulfilling our mission of impacting our city for good. The Bend publishes a monthly lifestyle magazine and communicates with a weekly newsletter as well as multiple social media platforms. The Bend also complements its suite of owned advertising solutions with digital advertising services for local businesses.
We have a culture of excellence from the products we produce to the people we hire. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented and hybrid environment.
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions
- Maintaining relationships with key accounts
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales goals across both print and digital
- Maintaining consistent and up-to-date records in sales CRM
- Represent the brand at industry networking events
- Collaborate on innovative sales solutions and ideas for growth
- Attend The Bend’s events and network with attendees
- Must have 2-3 years of media or B2B sales experience
- Must possess strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Must be an organized, self-starter, motivated toward success
- Must be a high-energy, results-oriented, enthusiastic team player
- Must exude self-confidence and have a positive outlook towards situations and people
- Must be able to understand marketing objectives for numerous types of businesses and how to provide optimal solutions
- Experience selling multi-year agreements or multi-term agreements is a plus.
- Competitive comp plan
- Benefits include medical, dental insurance, vision and life insurance
- Flex schedule and hybrid office environment
- No vacation tracking – we trust employees to get their job done and take off when they need to