There is something about strolling your local farmer’s market and purchasing fresh goods that just feels so right. Grocery Shopping is made both easy and local with anything from produce to coffee to baked goods to flowers…the list goes on. Markets around town display the literal fruits of community labor that were grown and made for us.
Being able to put a face to a product that becomes a staple in your household is an invaluable experience we all have the opportunity to partake in. Visit any local farmer’s market and you will without a doubt be met with ingredients for your next meal, coffee for Saturday morning or a handmade gift for a friend. Here is a round-up of market goods available to you no matter where you find yourself in the Coastal Bend.
Grow Local Farmer’s Market, Art Center of Corpus Christi, 100 N. Shoreline Blvd.
- Open every Wednesday from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Grow Local Farmer’s Market downtown features an assortment of fresh, seasonal produce, meats, dairy, eggs and locally made foods. All products were grown or made within 200 miles of Corpus Christi, TX. Come to this market for the vendors and stay for the food trucks, live music and bay views.
Southside Farmer’s Market, 5800 Everhart Rd.
- Open Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Since 1993, the Southside Farmers Market has brought fresh goods to residents. On a typical Saturday morning, stroll to this market and you’ll find artisan bread, homemade jams and jellies, produce and eggs just to name a few. Items at the market are grown, raised or crafted reigonally with utmost care and consideration.
Rockport Downtown Farmer’s Market, 105 S. Austin St., Rockport, TX
- Open every 2nd Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- The Rockport Downtown Farmer’s Market offers local produce as well as jams, jellies and pickled produce. There will often be fresh-baked bread, local honey, eggs and locally raised beef.
Padre Island Farmers Market, 14030 Fortuna Bay Dr.
- Open Every third Thursday of the month from 4. p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Experience the Padre Island Farmers Market once a month with live music and a food truck. You can expect to find goods from local jewelry makers, dairy farms, salsa makers and locally raised meat, among other goods.