Celebrate Love Day in a Local Way
By Jessie Monsivais
Ah, Valentine’s Day. The perfect excuse to get out of the house and into something exciting. Whether it’s a romantic dinner or a night out with friends, we’ve got you covered. Here are ten ideas for a local Valentine’s Day celebration.
1. Grab a partner and dance the night away aboard the USS Lexington this Valentine’s Day. Move to the nostalgic sounds of the USS Lexington Big Band at the 27th Annual Stage Door Canteen starting at 7 pm. For more information, call 1-888-4873. 2914 N. Shoreline Blvd.
2. Enjoy a night out with live music by Another Level at Love Stinks, Let's Drink at Executive Surf Club from 8 pm – 11 pm. A unique event for those who want to enjoy great food, cold drinks, and a friendly atmosphere without the pressure of Valentine’s Day. 309 N. Water St.
3. What is better than watching a movie on the big screen? Watching a FREE movie on the big screen under the stars! On Friday from 7 pm – 10 pm cuddle up for the showing of Downton Abbey at Waves Resort! Also, be sure to check out Eats Epicurea Restaurant & Bar for their fabulous dinner menu! 14353 Commodores Dr.
4. Before or after the movie, starting at 5 pm, indulge in a delectable three-course meal accompanied by champagne and live harp music at Eats Epicurea Restaurant & Bar! Select entrées prepared by top chefs, such as a pan-seared Mahi topped with a lemon arugula salad on a bed of creamy pesto orzo or a prime rib with parmesan risotto and asparagus. Make your reservations by calling 361-589-4230. 14353 Commodores Dr.
5. Let Bella Luna make your Valentine’s Day special with fresh flowers and a candlelit dinner accompanied by jazz, a comedy show, and a special prix fixe menu, including your choice of salad, garlic breadsticks, and entrée. General admission for the comedy show is $15 or $20 for preferred seating. Doors open at 5 pm, Jazz starts at 6 pm, the comedy show begins at 9:30 pm. To reserve your table, call 361-887-4777. 429 Schatzell St.
6. Fill your night with the best entertainment: live theater! Treat your date or bffs to a special Valentine’s Day showing of Nunsense at Aurora Arts Theater. Complete with a salsa and queso bar, an appetizer buffet, and sweet treats bar. Doors open at 6:30 pm. The show begins at 7:30 pm. To purchase tickets, call the Box Office at 631-851-9700. 5635 Everhart Rd.
7. Plan your romantic dinner plans at Sugarbakers, featuring a special menu of scratch-made entrees, including baked stuff lobster tail and crème brûlée and berry tarts for dessert. Dinner begins at 6 pm 8:30 pm. For reservations, call 361-884-9541.
8. Has love done you wrong? Spend your Valentine's Day detoxing negativity of the past with a Hot Yoga Sweat Session at Yoga Studio of Corpus Christi. No need to spend this evening alone or get dressed up or do your hair. Come as you are and bring your friends for a night of fun and a chance to win free yoga class packs, Alamo Draft House gift cards, t-shirts, and other miscellaneous prizes. Enjoy special trivia questions, hosted by Michelle Acebo and C101’s Rex Gabriel from 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm. Reserve your spot before it's too late! Call 361-779-0183. 509 Clifford St.
9. The fun doesn’t have to end once Valentine’s Day does. Get some fresh air and fly a kite at Kite Day at Padre Island National Seashore on February 15 from 9 am – 3 pm. 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. 20420 Park Road 22
10. Finally, end your weekend right at Lazy Beach Brewing with sushi and beer. Gather with friends or plan a lunch date with your other half on February 16 from 12 – 2 pm for an afternoon of sushi rolling with D’Lish Foods. Learn the basics of a sushi roll, what ingredients to use, how to roll, cut, and of course consume. Register for the class at lazybeachbrewing.com/sushi-101/ 7522 Bichon Dr. #100