5 Best: Shopping Destinations
By Jessie Monsivais
By: Jessie Monsivais Photos by: Rachel Benavides
The Coastal Bend has a mix of shopping districts for visitors to experience, from Central Corpus boutiques to Coastal antique shops. We explored the city’s streets to compile this list of the 5 best local shopping destinations in the Coastal Bend – all for your retail pleasure.
1. Lamar Park Center is a high-end style shopping destination in Corpus Christi and has been since 1955. The Center is known for its chic luxury boutiques, fine jewelry specialty shops, original home furnishings, fashion gift stores, and a beauty salon and spa. Once you’ve shopped till you’ve dropped, Lamar Park is equipped with the trendiest eateries offering wholesome breakfasts, lunches, and excellent dinners with craft cocktails and brews, complete with the perfect backdrops for Instagram-worthy photos.
3850 South Alameda at Doddridge, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
2. Antique Lane is tucked into a small triangle created by the crossing sections of Alameda and Avalon Street. A row of antique, thrift, and vintage shops is home to unique, fun, and quirky items. With Betty’s Trash to Treasure Too, Renaissance Antiques, Red Crow Antiques, Coastal Consignments, and Antique World, this old-school shopping strip serves as a one-stop treasure hunt for odd pieces and repurposed gifts. Reader discretion – hours can be spent combing these cozy shops. You never know what you might find!
4333 South Alameda Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
3. The Village Shopping Center, located at the corner of Alameda and Doddridge, has a variety of shops and businesses that will allow you to spend an entire day in the shopping center without driving anywhere. You can start at Tannins for a late-morning snack and drink to fuel up for the day. Then mosey over to Denny Bales Estate Jewelry and Williams Shoes for some shopping. After that you can get your glam on at James Stanley Salon and Lovely Nails & Spa before heading to Bellino’s Ristorante Italiano for a fun date night!
3823 S Alameda St, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
4. Austin Street, located in the hub of downtown Rockport, is a quaint heritage district, home to one-of-a-kind consignment shops and island boutiques. Easily walkable, visitors can explore the eclectic mix of local shops. Find the most charming Rockport souvenirs at Treasure Islander Shop or Gramma’s Attic; glam up at Sassy’s Boutique with the cutest clothing and accessories; experience inspirational visuals from local professional artists in painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, and glass at the Estelle Stair Gallery and Windway Gallery. There is also Rockport Daily Grind, a small coffee shop to keep you fueled as you’re shopping.
508 Austin Street, Rockport, TX, 78382
5. Crossroads Shopping Village is appropriately named after its location at the intersection of McArdle and Airline Road. Cottage style business structures bring charm and a nostalgic atmosphere to the retail shops, services, and restaurants it provides. From engraving to yoga, Crossroads Village offers a little something for everyone. Stock up on supplies for the perfect beach getaway at Benjamin’s Surf Shop, Corpus Christi’s go-to surf and skate shop for over 40 years. Jewel’s Clothing & Accessories has the trendiest shoes, bags, and jewelry for that night on the town. Get your self-care fix at holistic spa SkinCare Butik and find your center at Crossroads Yoga Studio. Feeling hungry? Pick from a variety of Thai dishes at Thai Cottage or opt for some Louisiana fare at Catfish Charlie’s.
5830 McArdle Road, Corpus Christi, TX 78412