5 Best: Charcuterie Boards
By Julieta Hernandez
Meats, cheeses, berries, oh my. These are the boards that pin our interests, and do so in a savory marriage between salts and sweets that we can all agree to celebrate. Charcuterie boards are the wine buddy we never even knew we needed, an arrangement of breaks in between sips for artisanal bites. Whether you enjoy them with a glass or as standalone treats, here are where we enjoy the boards that bring it all together.
1. Tannins Wine Bar and Tapas has this hybrid board that they load up with Texan pecans, apple slices, black forest ham, brie, etc. for a savory compilation that complements all sides of their extensive wine menu. Along with this unique board, make sure to ask your server about the BYOB – the Build Your Own Board – policy. We couldn’t ask for more!
3855 S Alameda St, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
2. Katz 21 Steak and Spirits builds their boards with seasonal ingredients, including whatever artisanal cheese is in store and imported and domestic meats that are trending. Seasonal preserves vary, and are always a nice surprise – perfect with sides of baguette, as well.
5702 Spohn Dr S, Corpus Christi, TX 78414
3. The Post at Lamar Park doesn’t mind impressing the dinner crowd with the fan favorite on their menu, the artisan meat and cheese platter. You can leave it up to the local grub spot to know where to find the best seasonal meats and cheeses. Honey and dried fruit adorn this selection nicely … and oh, honey, so do the olives. (seen in photograph)
411 Doddridge St #102, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
4. D’Canters Wine and Delights isn’t playing around when they bring out their Latina Spice tray. This one features Spanish chorizo, capicola, and chipotle gouda … three C’s that sound so savory. If pushing the heat is your thing, D’Canters has the ideal option. Thankfully, you won’t have a hard time pairing up a choice from their extensive wine menu to your tray.
4238 S Alameda St, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
5. Green Light Coffee’s new food menu is on board with the charcuterie trend: cuts of cured salami, fresh prosciutto, and mozzarella with a show-stealing centerpiece of pesto-coated olives make any evening ritzier. You can even sub the coffee here for a glass of their house red wine to complement your board.
7426 S Staples St #107, Corpus Christi, TX 78413