Editor's Picks: Local Gifts for Anyone on Your List
● By Kylie Cooper
Navigating the ever so challenging world of Christmas shopping is no easy task. I really pride myself in being an excellent gift shopper. When given the mission to purchase a present, I want to make sure it is not only something the recipient will use, but will be touched with sentiment when receiving. That being said, here is a fool proof list of gifts one could buy me this holiday season (err… I mean, for a wife, sister, best friend, partner, mother, etc.)!
1. You can never go wrong with a good pair of house shoes. For me, it’s one of those things I always think about wanting but never actually purchase. This pair is from Coastal Closet and they look insanely comfortable.
2. Attempting to keep my large family of plants in my home alive is an ongoing hobby of mine. This vintage looking plant mister from Thirteen & Market could most certainly become my new best friend. This plus a new houseplant from Gills or Turners would make for the perfect combo gift. Sidenote: I could also use it as a much more aesthetically pleasing spray bottle to discipline my cat when he is scratching on everything I own.
3. I love a good statement ring. I usually tend to lean more towards dainty jewelry, but every now and then, bold pieces become my go-to. This geometric ring (also from Thirteen & Market) has both sterling silver and hammered 14k gold and would match with any ensemble you put together.
4. I’m a sucker for a good card. Ask any of my friends. They’ll tell you getting a card from Kylie means a rollercoaster of emotions complete with both tears and laughter. ACouplePuns has a huge selection of original printed cards for literally any occasion.
5. A lot of people think marrying a record store owner means free records. But, it doesn’t. I too, like the rest of you mere mortals, must pay for my vinyl. Kanye West and Kid Cudi’s collaborative album, “Kids See Ghosts” should be a must on every single person’s wish list this season. But, if not that album, there are plenty of others to browse through at Hybrid Records!
6. I like my keys to be simple. One solid keychain is enough for me. These gold dog tag keychains from Wildflowers are both modest and make a statement all at the same time. With different phrases like “Do epic shit” and “Fear is a liar,” the keychain will double as a daily motivational speaker as well.
7. Self-care should always and forever be on the top of your priority list. It can come in many forms, but beauty and skincare are two of my favorite ways to practice. Eleanor’s Coffee Bar + Market has an awesome selection of different self-care products for you to choose from this holiday season and truly, I want them all. All the good stuff!
8. Any hostess with the mostest in your life will always enjoy new dishware or glassware items as a thoughtful gift. Vintage colored glass is a trendy way to bring a splash of color into someone's life! Shell & Pine has the perfect antique collection to browse through for items like so!