Guide to Fourth of July in the Coastal Bend
● By Rianna Turner
Are you scratching your head to find out what to do on the 4th of July this year? Do you want to switch things up, and do something this year other than blow through a pack of sparklers in the front lawn? Cease fear, because we at The Bend have a list of activities around town you can participate in on your day off work this week.
- Corpus Christi’s Fourth of July Big Bang Celebration - Fireworks will start 9:30 p.m. from both the USS Lexington and the Corpus Christi Bay, but come earlier for the Harbor Bridge Light Show, parade, and Food Truck Court!
- Corpus Christi Hooks’ Independence Day Fireworks - After this Wednesday’s baseball game, there will be a fireworks display at Whataburger Stadium. What better way to celebrate being in America?
- North Padre Island Fireworks - If you’re on the island, there will be a 30-minute fireworks show over the water, at the Padre Island Yacht Club.
- Naval Air Station Kingsville’s 75th Anniversary and Patriotic Celebration - In Kingsville, there will be fourth-themed festivities all week. On the fourth, the Kingsville Symphony Orchestra will present “A Patriotic Celebration” in the early afternoon, but check this link to find out more about the fireworks, parade, community dance, and golf tournament!
- Annual Wendell Family Fireworks Show - This event, which will take place in Rockport, is completely free. A boat parade will begin just before noon, and fireworks are scheduled for after 9 p.m.
- Texas State Aquarium’s Fourth of July Celebration - This celebration will start at 6:45 p.m. and allow for a great view of the Big Bang Celebration fireworks! Parents and kids can see the aquarium exhibits that are open, as well as enjoy musical entertainment.
- Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History’s Red, White, and Kaboom! - This celebration will have a plethora of activities for kids and parents, including face painting and science shows! This, like the Aquarium’s event, is an evening event that will offer a view of the Big Bang fireworks display.
- Red, White, and Blues at Schlitterbahn - This is an all-day celebration at the waterpark, with a “Blues Festival” taking place on two stages. There will be food and drink specials all day, and a viewing of the North Padre Island Fireworks beginning at 8:30, which is open to both park guests and the general public!
- Harrison’s Landing BYOB Fireworks Cruise - Each ticket-holder for this cruise will be able to watch the Harbor Bridge light show and the Big Bang fireworks from the water!
- Let Freedom Rock - This musical event will be hosted by Rock 92.7 at Brewster Street Ice House! The event will begin at 9 p.m., and will feature Clarissa Serna and special guests The Reely Rotnz and Returned2Sender.
- Corpus Christi Beaches - The beaches hardly need advertisement, but we’re here to remind you that the beach is a great place to spend the holiday! Go with a group of friends and enjoy the more populated, communal beaches, or head down to the Padre Island National Seashore for a little peace and quiet!
- Four for the Fourth Run - This run, hosted by the Corpus Christi Roadrunners, will benefit the Texas A&M Corpus Christi Cross Country and Track team. The run will begin at the Solomon P. Ortiz International Center.
- Independence Day 40K Gravel Grind - Looking for a challenge on Wednesday morning? Register for this 40K/80K bike ride, hosted by Bay Area Bicycles, through the county roads in the London area!