5 Best: Patio Bars
● By Alexa Alley
1. The Back Porch Bar — For all those looking for a laid-back feel that is pet friendly with live music and Gulf views, head on over to The Back Porch Bar in Port Aransas. It is the ultimate spot to kick back after a day on the water and enjoy the friendly atmosphere that is so unique to Port Aransas. Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday you can expect live music for entertainment while sipping on a selection of beer, wine and cocktails.
132 W. Cotter Ave, Port Aransas, TX 78373
Monday – Wednesday: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Thursday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Friday – Sunday: 12 pm to 12 am
2. The Post — Located in the Lamar Park shopping center, The Post is a great place to kick it after work or on the weekend. Enjoy a beverage from their wide selection of beer, wine, and signature cocktails. If there is something The Post is doing right, it is their selection of classic cocktails, such as the Manhattan and a French 75. On the back patio you can sit in the sun or the shade with access to the full bar and food menu.
411 Doddridge St #102
Monday – Thursday: 3 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Friday: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.
3. The Gold Fish — The Gold Fish has become a quick favorite among locals for its quaint neighborhood feel and a signature cocktail menu. Just steps from the bay front, The Goldfish is a great place to meet up with friends and enjoy downtown. Be sure to check out their house sangria available daily. Follow them on Instagram for alerts on their seasonal cocktails and regular community events. (Pictured above.)
724 N. Mesquite
Sunday – Monday: 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday – Saturday: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
4. Mikel May’s Beachside Bar & Grill – Located on Bob Hall Pier, Mikel May’s Bar & Grill is the perfect spot to enjoy a drink or two with a view. Whether it’s a mid-day break from the beach or an evening hangout, this large covered bar provides scenic ocean views as far as the eye can see. If the view was not already enough of a reason to visit, check out their daily drink specials and make this your new beach hang out spot.
15820 Park Rd.
Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
5. Bar Under The Sun – Better known as BUS, the large patio space and downtown location provide you with the ideal spot to hang out with friends. BUS provides a unique selection of cocktail options including, but not limited to the ranch water cocktail and their signature “frosé,” (frozen rosé, that is). Be sure to follow them on Instagram to check out their daily food truck selection.
702 N. Chaparral St.
Wednesday – Thursday: 4:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Friday – Sunday: 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.